16 June, 2005

XML Rocks & Rolls!

Finally I got personal my RSS/XML blog running! Enough XHTML! Especially after I’ve been treated by XHTML questions in my Web programming final exam ;P
For those who have been following my Radio Guide Page on nasimjo.itgo.com , I’ll be posting my radio guide updates on this Blog as well concurrently with my posts on the HTML radio guide.
This blog maybe not apply my vision of a Blog at this moment but will soon indeed! It’s just that I had to start it! I’m sick of having an unutilized account on blogger & Jordan Planet!

I hope I’ll keep committed to blogging with accuracy & frequency aiming to serve my community with my views.
Hopefully this blog will have its place in my new website version which will be uploaded soon as well, nasimjo.itgo.2.0 will be out by the beginning of July hopefully.

As for now , for those who never got to view my HTML radio guide posts, I’m adding some of them here in my 1st post on this blog (I’m adding those interesting ones only!) , with the approximate time they were published (since I didn’t have a timing service on that page) ; to view the Jordanian Radio Guide page it self U can visit www.nasimjo.itgo.com/radioguide.html#NEWS :

30 – Jan – 2005
*A very undesirable problem hit Play FM on the dawn-morning of 29 Jan, that is, the station went simply BLANK! Seems it was a problem in the System concerned with "playing" the continuous Non-Stop Hits PLAY went famous for in its soft-opening last October. "EL 7AMDELLA 3AL SALAME" anyway, maybe it's a lesson for them to never trust Microsoft Windows Based Systems, Windows were made to be broken after all !

15 – Feb – 2005
*Terrible Valentine spirits on the Jordanian Radios! Play & Jordan FM got into it just after midnight (when it's considered that we got into the 15th actually! ). Jordan FM spoiled its after midnight collection with some Arabic old songs UNFORTUNATELY! exactly at the time when FANN FM was playing western Love songs! (I thought for a moment there's something wrong with my radio!) .... while Beat FM had enough playing some slow & old songs (some even not related to love) around midnight. THE ONLY Love station was MOOD FM, its a word to be said, they played a very special Valentine collection all day & night long, & held up a very successful valentine event.... LOVE TO YOUR MOOD ;)

20 – Mar – 2005
*a New Arabic Station in town! Sout Al-Ghad started it soft transmission on the frequency of 99.3 FM in the Greater Amman Area. seems its an extension to Radio Sout Al-Ghad Lebanon. I don't really know what's this policy Radio Stations Managements are following! We were talking about Play for choosing a frequency close to Amman FM's 99.0 FM, & now we got something in between even with an only 0.3 Mhz "space"!!! not forgetting Beats choice of only a 0.4 Mhz gap from the Giant FANN FM's 102.1 FM ,,,,,,,,, weird!

29 – Mar – 2005
*And Yet another Arabic Radio station on the airwaves,with more problems! a frequency problem (being only 0.3 Mhz away from RMC. & a naming problem...(AHLAN) or "welcome" as a name of an FM radio station!!? No creativity!

5 – Apr – 2005
*seems someone is hearing me;) (SOUT AL GHAD) has shifted to 101.5 FM

20 – Apr – 2005
* & Yet another 99.* dark spell! Radio Nagham , a new FM station started its MONO transmission on 99.9 FM . Taking a quick spin on the dial, we can feel the weekness of sout Al-Ghad's transmission (despite its powered by a wealthy Media company: LBC!) ... play 99.6 is back strong again. While about the transmission qualities ,still the western stations Are way much better than the arabic,U can feel a nice Stereo experience being tuned to 92.0 ,96.3 ,102.5 or 99.6 ...from the arabic station,only Fann FM is to be compared with those 4...I heard about a re-licensing for the Army's Fann FM,,I don't know any details yet,may be its for creating a broad FM freq for all the areas,,,,we will wait to see !

9 – May – 2005
* Upon the visit of his majesty the king to Al-Hussein University in Ma'an , a local Radio Station by the name of sout ma'an was launched on the FM Band..I dunno yet what is the frequency they are broadcasting on (that's why its not included in the table above).. I didn’t find any resources telling me the frequency ,, & I didn’t pass by the area since 3 years now … if any1 happens to go there or pass by it ,, plz update me.. the transmission covers Ma'an & the University's Area.

No comments: