22 January, 2006

FASTLINK, Enough is ENOUGH!

Fastlink... Enough is Enough!

Abandoning My Fastlink line for about 5 months now, and switching to Jordan's latest GSM provider: Umniah, as it went ON. Seems that fastlink have remembered me after all this time and sent me an SMS coupla days ago mentioning that charging 5 JDs, i'll be receiving a free amount of 5 JDs. Cool! I said, i'll be using them for my multiple daily phone calls with my mum in romania til she'll be back a week from now (Despite the fact that Umniah's Fees are less and are taxed by second even internationally) . And probably calling some Fastlink subscribers though calling them from Umniah is mainly cheaper!

Friday Morning: Charging 5 JDs , 5 JD free credit received within 35 minutes.
Credit available : “10.005 JD Expires on 20/01/2007”
Friday Morning 11:30 AM: calling Mum in Romania, Duration of call = 3:46 Minutes (A.K.A 4 minutes in fastlink's system of taxation).
Checking the credit on *116# : “7.005 JD Expires on 20/01/2007” .....!!! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since when is does the minute to Europe cost 0.75 JD, where's their claimed price of (JT Tariff + 0.16) ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this was actually way time ago even! They've been promoting that they are getting independent of JT in the international phone calls to Europe and the US, and the fees are getting “the Least Expected!”
0.75JD / Minute!

Now after a moment of frustration, calling the customer service (1234) at 11:38 AM, this scenario happened:
1234 : Welcome to the Customer Service Center.
1: Choosing Arabic
3: Choosing Tariffs and Packages.
2: Choosing International Call Fees.
... Sorry, The Data requested is not available at the moment!!!! You will be forwarded to a Customer Service Personnel, Please Wait ....
CALL ENDED!

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell Ya!

Calling again : 11:41 AM
1234 : Welcome to the Customer Service Center.
1: Choosing Arabic
6: For Further Help -> You will be forwarded to a Customer Service Personnel -> Your call will be used for Quality Insurance purposes (Cool!) -> You will be forwarded to a Customer Service Personnel (Fhemna!) -> Please Wait ... -> Sorry, Your Request can't be performed at the moment!

CALL ENDED!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
Now I'm writing those lines right after those couple of calls to 1234, Hell ya Fastlink! I guess i've abandoned it right when it was suitable to!
I'm a Fastlink Customer since 2001, and My Father is since 1998 & It has never been worst!
2 Million Customers?! I just wonder how many of those are satisfied with it!

The Real problem now is that I'm (MFALLES) and put all the money I had in those 6 JDs for the Fastlink Card just to get the free credit! And I'm feeling guilty cause seems that you can make more with a JD on Umniah than 10 on a Fastlink Mobile.

Now, It's 12:00 PM Midday, I'll be calling 1234 again and write exactly what happens to me:
1: Choosing Arabic
6: For Further Help -> You will be forwarded to a Customer Service Personnel -> Your call will be used for Quality Insurance purposes (Cool!) -> You will be forwarded to a Customer Service Personnel (Fhemna!) -> Please Wait ... -> Sorry, Your Request can't be performed at the moment!

CALL ENDED!

BA3DEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar tries with similar results occurred at 12:10, 12:30, 12:35, 12:50, 13:05, 13:25 (NO CONNECTION CAN BE MADE TO 1234 EVEN!), 13:32, 13:40, 13:50, 14:00, 14:25, 15:30,

Now at 16:00: I made another phone call to Europe, this time to Germany, Call duration 1:27 minutes, (A.K.A 2 minutes on Fastlink's system)
Check Credit : 6.025 JD!
Which means that now they have charged me 0.49 JD / minute to Europe instead of 0.75 (since they consider Europe and the states as one Tariff region), but still, way much more than JT tariff + 0.16 JD!!!!

Back to the useless tries of calling the customer care center with the same results mentioned above occurred at: 17:10, 17:48, 18:06 (5 times, no connection could be established to 1234), 18:07, 18:11, 18:26, 18:49, 19:20, 20:21 (8 times, no connection could be established to 1234 in 7 out of them), 20:45, 21:10, 21:26, 22:05 ....
You know, I got sick of it, It's 22:08 Friday night and i'm still updating this document.............! anyway, seems my mission will be shifted to tomorrow, because this Customer Care system fastlink has is making me sick.... so my next update will be when someone will answer, just for you to know, until then, loads of failed calls have to be made to the customer care center!

Saturday... of course, I've been calling Fastlink's “Customer Care” Center all day long now,with same results! Some Fastlink Users around also mentioned that they're suffering the same problem for a while now! It's 19.30, and I have just finished a phone call to Romania, Call duration 3.26 Minutes (A.K.A 4 minutes on Fastlink's counter), Checking the credit: It's 3.025 JD now!
Which simply means that calling on a Friday cost me exactly like calling on any other day on Peak time, 0.75 JD, which something that Fastlink doesnt declare! And still , 0.75 JD is not JT+0.16 as they declare!!!!!!

Enough is Enough I think! It's Sunday and those are still not answering and not even opening the lines to the customer care center!

I declare my WAR against FASTLINK, though it's sure my PAST-THINK for now, but I wont forgive them, it's not about money, it's about not being suitable to be a GSM operator in the most growing telecommunications market in the area! I really hope someone from the Ministry of Telecommunication read this soon, I know I got visits to the blog from their several times, but i really hope they will soon and take this issue seriously...

and My Dear PAST-THINK, I wont stop here!
And I'll be updating you dear reader with posts as anything occurs with the issue.

Hell Ya Fastlink!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i have 2 numbers too, an umniah and a fast..

i have the same problem with fastlink, they have real bad customer services whoever, the only reason im using it is because i cant even make a phone call from the umniyah number. umniyah is terrible when it comes to connections, and if the line connects it will dissconect before the minute is over! well, i cant wait till they fix this connection problem so i can switch back to umniyah